All about you + your project!
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself.
How did you hear about kn literary?
Hay House Writer’s Workshop Toronto 2018
Hay House Writer’s Workshop Bristol 2017
Hay House Writer’s Workshop Orlando 2017
Hay House Writer’s Workshop Sydney 2017
Hay House Writer’s Workshop Maui 2017
Hay House Writer’s Workshop Las Vegas 2017
Hay House Writer’s Workshop Chicago 2016
Hay House Writing from Your Soul Maui 2016
Hay House Writer’s Workshop Online
Other Hay House Event
Gabrielle Bernstein/Spirit Junkie Master Class
Nancy Levin’s Jump Start Your Life Show
Other (Please fill in below!)
If other selected above, please describe.
2. My project is primarily:
Fiction - Adult readers
Fiction - Young Adult readers
Other (please specify)
If you selected Other, please describe.
3. I am working on:
A full-length book
A book proposal
A book and a proposal
If you're working on a proposal, are you entering a Hay House proposal contest? If so, which one?
If you selected Something else, please describe.
4. Do you have a working title for your project yet?
If yes, what are you calling your baby?
7. Please describe what your book is about in 3-4 sentences. If you're writing practical nonfiction, tell us the problem your book is solving, how it will solve that problem, and why you're the best person to write it. If you're writing a memoir or novel, tell us who the main character is and what amazing thing or things happen to them.
11. Which of the following statements best describes your desires for your book? (The answers are intentionally specific; pick the one that is the closest fit and then tell us more in the comments below.)
I want this book to be picked up by a traditional publisher and for them to make it a bestseller
I want this book to generate income so I can quit my day job and write
I want this book to help me expand my teaching/ coaching career
I want this book to help people, and that's about all I know
I don't really know why I'm writing this book!
12. What is your budget for the editorial/writing/marketing services you're seeking?
13. Next, we want to know about your marketing platform--i.e., what sort of reach or audience you already have. In today's publishing environment, your marketing platform is an incredibly important piece of your overall publishing plan.
Which would best describe your current marketing platform?
I have a robust email list and social media following who are just waiting for my book to publish
I am working hard to launch my platform as we speak -- I'm determined to create one!
I know I need a marketing platform, but I don't know where to start/ am not particularly interested
This is the first time I've heard of a "marketing platform" and I don't think I have one!
14. Please tell us about your social media reach:
How many friends do you have on your personal Facebook page?
How many "likes" do you have on your Facebook business or fan page, if you have one?
How many followers do you have on Twitter?
How many followers do you have on Instagram?
How many followers do you have on Pinterest?
15. Now, tell us a little more about your online reach:
Do you have a website? If so, what is your URL?
Do you blog? If so, how often?
Do you send out a regular newsletter? If so, how often?
Do you write online regularly for any online media outlets, like websites or online magazines? If so, which ones?
Are you collecting email addresses? If so, how many addresses are on your list?
16. Before you run off, what other questions do you have about our services?
Thank you for filling out our questionnaire! Be sure to click the "Submit" button below. Once you do, you'll receive an email with an invitation to set up an introductory call with one of our editorial matchmakers, Nikki or Annie. Your email's filter may snag the message so check your spam folder.
Once you're booked, you'll get a confirmation email with their phone number to call. If you don't see this confirmation, your call was not booked.
We can't wait to talk to you!
Kelly & the kn literary arts team
Would you like to get updates from us?
Keep me in the loop!
Not right now.
Do Not Fill This Out